Ruby and Lavon dated early in life when they were in high school Lavon being a year older than Ruby left for the University of Alabama leaving Ruby behind. Instead of breaking up with her, Lavon simply stops talking to Ruby and the relationship ends. Fast foward 10 years and both Lavon and Ruby both find themselves once again in Bluebell when Ruby decides she can do a better job running Bluebell she runs for mayor aginst Lavon. Old feelings they have for each other pop up during the election and they fall for each other once more.
- In high school, Ruby was three years ahead of Lemon, and one year behind Lavon. (I Fall To Pieces)
- In high school, Ruby teased Lemon because she was "too big for [her] britches and named after a fruit". (I Fall To Pieces)
- Divorced, Ruby now refers to her former marriage as a 'distraction from her career', and believes her divorce allowed her to focus on her goals. (I Fall To Pieces)
- She has also been credited in episodes 2.2 to 2.10.
- She re-appears in Episode 2.18 Why Don't We Get Drunk? to sponsor the Hands On The Boat Contest. She also wanted to see if they could get back together, however, Lavon states that he has feelings for another woman, who is AnnaBeth Nass. She then presumably leaves town. (any clarifications on that??)